Don’t Try These Things At Home

Don’t use a hairdryer after applying scalp treatments

Some lice treatments contain flammable ingredients that can catch on fire. 

Don’t use essential oils, such as ylang ylang oil or tea tree oil

Using essential oils such as ylang ylang and tea tree oil on the scalp can cause allergic skin reactions.  They are also  not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). 

Don’t ever use highly flammable chemicals such as gasoline or kerosene on anyone

Never use gasoline or kerosene or other flammable product  to treat lice. It is one of the most hazardous home remedies. There are many effective medications available over-the-counter (OTC) that are safe and effective for the removal of lice. The idea that soaking your child’s head in gasoline to kill the lice is not sound, nor is it a treatment you should ever try. Sad stories of gasoline treatments for head lice gone wrong are more numerous than you might hope. 

Never spray general pesticide on your body or in your home without consulting a professional!

Using pesticide sprays or hiring a pest control company to try to get rid of the lice can be harmful.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.